Friday, May 16, 2008

I Think I Lack Today.


Recently I have been living too much in the future, finding ease and peace of mind in what the Lord wants to do with me. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be very negative, especially if in focusing on the future I lose sight of today. I need to look for my daily bread, my mana, and see what He wants to do with me today. To be faithful in the small things ready to go when he sends me out. While praying during worship on Sunday evening I realized how rich I am, how incredibly rich I am! This past week has been a peaceful blue sky with gentle breezes. But every sky has its clouds, today while getting ready for the day I was feeling a little stressed and drained, and I realized that despite my blessed week I have not spent much time in prayer or in reading. That really scares me, I need to abide in the Lord when I am doing well and when I am in need. My angst should not spur me onto the Lord, but drive and thirst for Him. Lord Help me to find that balance and to abide in You when I abound and when I am abased.


4 comments:

Andrea said...

Amen may that be my prayer as well. On another note, Sydney and I were singing today and I thought I would share....
"Read your bible, pray every day pray every day pray every day. Read your bible, pray every day and you...will....GROW!!!"

Anonymous said...

Haha! I was so freakin' excited when I read about the cartoon. I keep waiting for more X-Men: Evolution to come out on DVD for some nerd-tastic late-night marathons, but for now Buffy will suffice. I'm glad I could spread the word! (Didn't know where else to post, hope this is cool.)

Unknown said...

You are so right Frak! Prayer isn't just for when we're in need, its for every day all the time.

Anonymous said...

I marvel at how a perfect stranger can give me so much inspiration in my walk with Christ.
Thank you