Friday, July 25, 2008

I Went...



I served at a camp for kids i the foster care system. I was in charge of Painting with the kids. I was stationed by the tea party, which was amazing b/c was so cool to see the kids dress up and do British accents. It was a huge blessing and an awesome time. I got to paint with the kids, and meet a whole bunch of awesome people from church that normally other wise i would not have had the pleasure of meeting. it was an awesome time, but it hard to see the kids go home, knowing they are not going back to the most ideal situations.

They will be in my prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gah, lucky. I love working with younger children (since I'm stil such a kid). Working in crafts at Vacation Bible School just brings my week up to such a happy level. It's hard to see some of my little 2nd graders go, expescially when you know some are going to broken homes and family problems. I can only imagine how you felt letting go of alot of foster kids...
Oh and nice meeting you. Didn't mean yo scare you with the wedding joke...Sarah dared me to do it to you John or Alex..and I never turn down dares :p.
Keep on truckin' it.